FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:16 pm
BaconSF

Originally Posted by JBord
What's "discernable" to you? You can view side by side benefit charts on the website. As a PPE, the only thing I've noticed as different since they introduced it, is that they still thank me for being Platinum at check-in. Which is perfectly fine with me as long as I get the benefits to which I'm entitled -- and I have.

You're right that there aren't huge benefit differences that are visible. A PPE should get more room upgrades, but how would you know unless you travel with a Platinum person everywhere you go? Personally, I'm not sure why there need to be huge differences...and the way that usually happens is a company devalues the lower tier rather than adds value to the upper tier, and I wouldn't want any tier to lose benefits.

Platinum = LT Platinum. Platinum Premier = LT Titanium.

Not saying this applies to you, but a number of people seem to be confused about Platinum. That status still exists, as does the corresponding LT status. There are no NEW changes to this 50-74 night status. All the changes are the 75 night and above statuses.
what I meant was, there isn’t much of a difference in benefits between platinum elite & platinum Premier elite, other than an additional 25% points bonus.

in my opinion, the bump in benefits is not worth staying an additional 25 nights. I’d much rather move those 25 nights to Hyatt, especially with their new milestone rewards (cat 1-4 free night cert after 30 nights & cat 1-7 free night cert after 60 nights)