FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:21 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
That post along with a few other ones recently really irked me. He keeps talking like AA is the worst run airline in the country with the worst ontime stats. If you go through the BTS data for 2018 (Jan thru Oct as of right now available), you will see that DL mainline is the best of the majors for ontime with the lowest delay percentage and the lowest cancellation percentage by far. AA and UA are effectively the same when it comes to delay percentage, but UA cancels less. The average delay on AA is however the lowest and they have the greatest percentage of delays attributable to weather rather than mex. DL has a far greater percentage of mex relative to all its delays. This idea that AA is far behind DL and UA in timeliness is really not entirely borne out by the stats and doesn't mean Parker needs to be fired (although there may be other reasons that could be the right thing to do). How many issues one experiences also depends heavily on the market one flies out of and into...I fly in and out of EWR and UA has been super unreliable for me the last year or two on the outbounds. SO last year I started flying AA out of EWR and I have had a huge improvement with reliability as a result. YMMV...there is no universal truth. But all that whining gets on my nerve...if you don't like it, just put your dollars where the reliability is.

Brutal. Worth mentioning that this post was not written by Ben, but rather his contributor Andrew. As a resident of TX, I can confirm that bugs are a part of life here even if you have Terminix treat the outside of your house quarterly. When it rains heavily or it gets very dry, it drives bugs indoors. And it always will....OH...and my 8-year old daughter would have handled this situation far better than Andrew...
VFTW has been on a rampage against AA of late, as well. Which I guess isn't surprising since OMAAT and VFTW often simultaneously post on the same things. Though Gary is usually more broad in his complaints.

Originally Posted by AAExPlat
OMG...and the post about the Aeromexico redneck discount. How gullible is this guy?
Pretty gullible evidently!