FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Luxury Hotel Collection
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:03 pm
mendezka

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW

Depends on the experience OP wants. Bouncing allows different hotels to be fully experienced and different breakfasts tried. To minimize distance, I have alternated nights between Mandalay and Delano. Other times when I was in for a convention, I would check my bag at the convention and go to the next hotel at the end of the day.

Either way, the late checkout allows an easy move after lunch.
And the experience is what I'm looking for. Mainly getting to try things I haven't been able to previously... I've been to Vegas 3-4 times, almost always as just a cheap little trip to do with friends/family. Generally stay at the MGM/Mandalay bay as it's around the price point I was always comfortable with & drive off strip to go to cheaper food. Rarely ever spending over $20 per person on a meal. I am now a recent college grad working in SF, hence I have a tight travel budget to adhere to. I've never been able to experience some of the "finer" things in Vegas, (I fully understand my luxuries may be standard compared to others). For me, the option of having a buffet breakfast instead of a cheap breakfast sandwich each day is a big positive, likewise having $100 F&B to experience a higher quality dining experience close to my room instead of walking/driving away from my hotel to find a cheaper alternative. I figure if I eat a late breakfast & have an early dinner I can almost get away without spending any money on food.

This trip I won't be having a vehicle, so if I'm looking for cheaper dining I'm going to be walking quite some distance anyway. After realizing that it's totally acceptable to just book multiple 1 night stays through here I'm probably going to just head to the Aria for the 2nd night. Bellagio -> Tram to Aria -> Uber/walk to Palazzo depending on how I feel that day -> Uber to Mandalay Bay. I'm going to attempt to take advantage of the priority check in lines & early arrivals and hope to beat out the crowds. For me, a 1-2 hour inconvenience of transferring is well worth an extra $100 in food each night. Realistically, I was planning on going to all of these hotels anyway... So why not just bring a bag & take a couple extra minutes on checking in! Thanks for the advice + tips though everyone, it is greatly appreciated!