FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:01 am
Tim O'Brien

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Mr. Chan
The suite probably cost a lot too to have that many in the mini bar. The $2000 a night suites at Hong Kong IC does not even have champagne for you to drink. The hotel should have new policy instead of pressure IHG to remove complementary mini beverage benefit for RA. Shenzhen IC separates mini bar (that could be complementary) with labeled drinks in the room that is not covered by the RA benefit. The Champagne should need a label that indicate it is not complementary for RA at that hotel. Its about being stress free and not having to do the math after a long day from work and I have already missed the Club Lounge. Happy Hour in China IC properties close around 7pm. $10 miniature spirits is not a lot if per night. I ordered 5 Vodka Soda at Intercontinental Double Bay Sydney and was charged 10 drinks by the bar manager. They consider each Vodka Soda should be charged for Double Shot which is like two miniature Spirits per drink! I drank more than that at the bar but what I meant was the member did not drink all 70 in one night.

Maybe it is abuse but maybe not. The limit is drop to 200RMB per day for RA and the water alone cost $88 RMB (15% price increase for 2019) in Shenzhen IC. I could just drink two bottles of water from the room per day. China IC prices is no cheaper than Euro or US IC prices for Mini bar!
aren't they supposed to provide water on a daily basis in addition to any water in the mini bar.