FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Award: Cathay Pacific / CX availability, etc. (2018-2022 archive)
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:59 am
25milesfromhome

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
JL searches

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
looking out towards the end of calendar, it looks like even flights that are F6, there is not even the normal one award seat released at scheduling opening that was typical prior to this mistake far. Will be interesting to see what happens T-14 if the flights stay F5 or F6
Isn't current end of schedule outside the booking window for the mistake fare? It's also right after New Year which from past experience is always a difficult time to book.

Incidentally, for those searching, I was trying to find two seats to Jakarta immediately after Thanksgiving. BA and QF showed nothing but JL showed 1F on two successive days (as well as some other flights that BA and QF didn't show). These showed up only searching through to CGK (married logic) and only on JL. In the past, I've always used JL only to confirm availability I've found on BA or QF, but in light of this, I will also make JL part of initial searches.