FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:18 am
CloudCoder

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Hotel was very quiet even though room rates were high. Breakfast continues to get worse. New breakfast menu with new healthy options but the hot buffet food had been left too long and was rather chewy!
Perhaps breakfast is better when the hotel is crowded? I was recently at Andaz Liverpool Street before/after New Years Eve as a party of two rooms / four adults. Received the royal treatment . Upgraded to a huge suite. Breakfast was great, but the dining room was VERY busy. My entire party could order anything they wanted from the breakfast menu, plus anything from the excellent buffet, and all the charges for both rooms (all on one invoice) were removed.

I visit this hotel at least once a year. Yes, some of the top-tier benefits have been reduced. In the good old days, top tier could have comp room service breakfast. I never used that benefit, so it bothers me zero that it was phased out. In past years, Globalists could have breakfast in Eastway. I have no idea why they eliminated this benefit, but I'm okay with it.

On the plus side, today's wi-fi is infinitely better than the creaky old diesel-powered system of yore. Also, a few years ago, I asked them to stop putting me into those funky suites with the round window and the slanted walls. The rooms improved immediately after making that request.

I'm very pleased with every aspect of this hotel.