FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan to begin Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) on Nov 1, 2016
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:08 am
alphaod

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I flew into HND today, I went to Counter A, but there was nobody there, so I went to the APEC line which actually had 5 people in front of me. Anyways after passing immigration I was directed to go the departure level where there was a kiosk clearly signed for TTP, where the nice gentleman processed my application and gave me a "Use of Automated Gate until XXX" stamp in the last visa page of my passport. Actually he stamped today's date by accident then corrected it to the correct expiration date. Interestingly the today stamp was in the 平成 format whereas the expiration date was in the US date format (MDY—rather than YMD customary in Japan). It was pretty smooth process I had prepared printed email, photocopies of my passport and Nexus card, and payment.

Okay, so I do rent cars… has anyone tried to rent a car in Japan with a foreign license and matching IDP, but instead of presenting a passport, you presented the JTTP card instead?