FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:40 pm
Tim O'Brien

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Already covered in IHG t+c's, a stay is contiguous nights, independent of checkout/checkin on separate reservations.

Any RA booking eg 12nighter as 4+4+4 using three separate reservations is still limited to usd200 minibar credit , from 1st Feb
that's been written in the T&C for years.

if you sign off on your final bill on a confirmation number, when the credit card get's it's final adjustment/payment, it is simultaneously submitted to IHG to generate the stay/points etc

a few years back i tried to argue the continuous stay as it ran from Dec 23 to Jan 3 at the Willard, and i wanted the nights, and points to accrue to the new year, this was when nights counted, pre 2017, it was several confirmation numbers, and IHG wouldn't allow it, and i demonstrated in my account from the previous two years (but those years it was one confirmation number) and i argued their term and conditions, no matter how many check in check out, considered one continuous stay, they wouldn't accept their own T&C.

i've never had a problem utilising different confirmation numbers for continuous stay for all types of reasons, utilizing credit card free nights, points redemption night, BOGO's etc.