FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:22 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by risenmyth
757-200 (2B) to and 787-10 (1A) return (both Polaris? not too sure).
Neither is marketed as United Polaris, but the 787-10 will have the new Polaris seat.

1) What should I expect from this being my first time and all?
It's a slightly toned-down version of the international Business service. United Club access in EWR and LAX, four course meal (appetizer, salad, main, dessert of ice cream with toppings). Arrival service of some sort (I think it's wraps now?). Seats are guaranteed lie-flat.

2) Is the meal (lunch) on 757-200 going to be something to look forward to? I usually buy airport food and eat it on the flight.
No. Not to say that it's bad per se, but I wouldn't "look forward" to it, either. Most food on UA is acceptable, but not remarkable.

3) Will service be different if I'm in Business with no United status than someone with United status?
Not meaningfully, no. It is possible you might not get your first choice of main meal, but that's about it.