FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Selecting Annual Choice Benefit
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:11 pm
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by swag
"Oops" for me too.

In the meantime, I'm wondering, is anybody else considering the mattress discount, or am I crazy?

It's just a 50 night selection, so the free night isn't an option. My travel plans for 2019 are uncertain right now, but likely at most one or two trips where I'd like the suite upgrade - and yet, the SNA thread is pretty discouraging. So many reports of hotels not participating, SNA requests not clearing, SNA rooms being only marginally better. I'd worry that the SNA would end up wasted.

Silver status (gift) has little benefit. The 5 elite nights won't get me to 75.

And I'm actually in the market for a new bed. I know they frequently run public discounts (I got my old W bed at 40% off), but claiming the discount as my reward would let me order whatever brand bed I decide on, whenever I want, without waiting. So I'm thinking about it.

Or is the SNA situation not as dismal as it seems?
I actually chose the 40% off bed discount, and was starting some searching on FT for some relevant info...though wasn't having much luck. I will probably end up starting a separate thread on it.

I didn't have interest in any of the other options, so made total sense to me. I had checked on Marriott and JW beds previously, and had only seen up to 30% sales...so 40% seems to be a worthwhile selection.