FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Last flight of the day Cancelled?
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:57 pm
sfozrhfco

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Adam1
Hello,

Thought I would ask here for any 'first-hand' experiences;

In a few weeks I am flying from Australia to LAX with Qantas then connecting to Portland, OR with Alaska Airlines.
These flights were booked as part of a Qantas Rewards ticket.

The flight to Portland is the last scheduled AS flight out of LAX for the day.
If for some reason that flight is cancelled, will I need to pay for overnight accommodation or will the Alaska Airlines provide accommodation; or since I bought the ticket through Qantas, is Alaska not 'responsible' (for lack of a better word) ?

Going by the flight's recent history cancellations are very rare so I don't expect there will be any problems, but would like to be prepared just in case.

Cheers.
Since you are most likely coming from MEL and that flight arrives early evening, American Airlines usually has a later flight which today, for instance, leaves at 925PM arriving 11:55PM. If you are late and it is QF's fault, then they could get you on the American flight if there is space. If you are on time and the flight cancels for mechanical reasons, you should be covered. If it is weather--you have to generally get your own hotel. Before your departure, check to see what other airlines have flights that could work for you. It is always better to feed options to whomever is working to rebook you rather than to leaving it up to the customer service agent. S/he could always refuse but knowing your options makes it easier to argue for what you want and get you on your way.