FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska vs. AA for LAX-SEA in F
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:14 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
If you can't credit your AS flight to a program where you collect miles, I would go with AA. Orphaned miles are annoying and while it doesn't seem like much, they do add up
AS can be credited to BA (OP is BA Silver) just like AA (no BA Tier Points though, as mentioned), just like BA can be credited to AS.

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
So would the Alaska lounge but that's being discussed too.
The Centurion Lounge isn't as far away as BA's lounge is from AS gates, but it's not as convenient as whatever AL is closest to the gate. Then again it's nicer-ish than the Alaska Lounge (while less convenient) the same way that the OW J lounge at LAX is nicer-ish than the remote gates AA lounge, but a bit of a haul. OP is also eligible for AA's Flagship Lounge out of LAX.

I tend to think airport lounges are a waste on short trips myself for O/D unless I get hosed by a delay that pops up, especially in the USA (I would rather show up at the airport later then cool my heels in a lounge unless it's some kind of ZOMG WOW THE KRUG AND SHOWERZ kind of experience, which you generally don't get in the USA); I'm more interested in them if I am connecting. The OW J lounge and FL at LAX are two of the nicer ones in the USA, which is why I would probably use AA out of LAX if I really thought "must have killer lounge for my flights".