FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:55 pm
CIT85

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by finkie
by not focusing on this in 2018?

Entering 2018 I had 8 years as SPG Platinum. Their policy was 10 years as SPG Platinum and you achieved Lifetime Platinum. I did not make Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite in 2018 (50 nights). When I look at my Lifetime Status on the Marriott app, it shows that my next tier is Lifetime Silver Elite status. It shows 523 total nights and 0 years as Silver Elite or higher. What happened to the eight years of devout loyalty where I was a Starwood Platinum Elite (and Starwood evangelist). Poof? They count for nothing? Not even toward the Marriott Silver lifetime status? Does anyone have an email at Marriott so I can get some answers?

Finkie
Did you merge your accounts? If you merged your accounts, then you years of elite at each level and total nights should be accurate.

Yes you should have paid attention (kick yourself in the butt). 8 years SPG Plat, did you have enough nights to even make SPG LT Gold? That would have mapped to MR LT Silver at least.