FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AM - YVR to LIM ~US $750 in J Roundtrip
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:49 pm
Utskicat

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Utskicat
I have my trip to MZT coming up this week I got on the same fare sale as the LIM sale, and am on the AM 787-8 both ways from JFK-MEX and MEX-JFK. I just saw on the AM website that only flights departing after 11am serve alcohol. Is this true, it seems very odd for an international flight over 5 hours. The MEX-JFK flight departs at 715am. Has anyone experienced this? jfkeze maybe?

Note: Posted a dedicated thread on Other South American airlines, but there doesn't seem to be too much action over there, so I figured I'd ask here too since you guys monitor the AM prem fare deals. Feel free to post reply over there: Aeromexico No Alcohol before 11am policy
So a follow-up here in regards to alcohol. On the return MEX-JFK at 715a on a 787-8, no alcohol was offered. But they did serve champagne to a few people who requested and left it on ice in the front galley for the remainder of flight. I requested a coffee with Baileys after breakfast and the FA mentioned alcohol is typically not served on morning flights, but he didn't mind do so anyway. Weird...so weird. Not sure how AM justifies this considering competition or the fact that their Business Class fares are no cheaper in the morning. Maybe its just a cultural thing? In the end, I was fine with it, wasn't in the mood for anything other than the Baileys, but still just really odd of a policy.