FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Toronto Parkway North Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:59 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
very good

just completed 4 night weekday stay here

this property has a very large conference footprint and two towers. it's also connected to some asian mall. it has free "indoor" parking which is really just covered parking below ground. better than nothing. not much food selection near here, hot pot across the parking lot, but that's about it. you have to schlep across a boulevard and strip mall to get to the chain italian, afghani, etc places. it's not far.

as a platinum i was assigned an accessible corner room/suite in the york tower, same tower with the club lounge on fl9. pull out couch, big space, massive shower only bathroom, room looked renovated. during night one i said i like to take baths and the agent said she'll figure something out next day. the following day i received a message saying my room is ready. i call front desk and they say they can put me in a room with a bathtub but that it would be a downgrade from the "suite" that i have, and it will be in the other/non club tower. i said that's fine. bellhop comes up and turns out they moved me to an actual suite a floor down in the york tower. so that was nice. the suite was great; typical sheraton living room, bedroom, microwave, 2 tvs, and separate shower bathtub with WHIRLPOOL AWYEAH.

club lounge evening was ok. nice agent. honor bar. lots of charcuterie choices, all very poor and stale. i think they put the stuff at the end of its shelf life out here, but canada is not really a cheese eating culture. the salad bar was expansive and very good and mostly fresh. the 2x hot options varied every night and were basic. i just did evening snacks twice. never had the breakfast.

the bar/restaurant downstairs is alright. very big portions, especially the wings which were alright. room service was alright, had a decent chain hotel seafood linguini, typical sheraton.

never made it to the pool or health club but it seems to be a full service gym that caters mostly to the public, so that's always a good sign. it has a racquet club too.

i came here because someone on ft said this place is overall better than the nearby westin. i'm happy i stayed here. the staff were all great, the property is big and mostly well kempt, i was happy.