FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:06 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by not_freq_traveler
Hello,
I wanted to book a biz class ticket from MAN -(SQ)- IAH -(UA)- SFO and there are availabilities for the international part (which is good). However, I am having trouble with finding an award ticket from IAH to SFO. When will UA release the award tickets? And should I call SQ to make the booking (searching on the website MAN-IAH is good, IAH-SFO in eco is good, in biz no saver) ?

It's my 1st time try to book a domestic SA ticket. If there are any hints, please suggest!
Thanks!
You have to make the booking with the airline whose points you want to use. Since SQ rarely makes long-haul business class redemptions available to partners, you'd need to use SQ KrisFlyer miles to book this award.

That said, UA rarely offers domestic business class awards to anyone -- partners or otherwise -- more than a few days in advance, especially on a hub-to-hub route like IAH-SFO. It's likely that they will sell every business class seat on the plane, so they don't have any particular need to offer award tickets.

Your odds might be slightly better finding LHR-SFO, but that's a tough award too unless you're willing to travel off-peak times.

When are you looking to travel, and how flexible are in you in terms of dates?