FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Selecting Annual Choice Benefit
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:07 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by nequine
I had a similar issue going from Platinum to Platinum Premier and had to call the helpline to get it resolved. First one got nowhere then thankfully we got cut off and the 2nd person I spoke to got it resolved.

I wasn't expecting to hit PP at all so do I have a cut off point to select my additional benefit? Not sure whether to go for 5 more SNAs (not used my first one yet to see if they are worth it or not) or to take 5 nights credit.
Picking the 5-night credit will only count for 2018 nights and not 2019, so ONLY if those additional nights for last year will put you over a status tier or get you some benefit, it is a waste of effort. At least with the SNAs you will have until the end of 2019 to use them. But, Yes, the success rate does seem very low, but also keep in mind we mostly only hear of the failures with very few posts regarding success. Your travel dates and destinations will have huge impact on being able to use them.