FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Luxury Hotel Collection
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:00 am
patmcpsu

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mendezka
How frowned upon is it to do multiple 1 night stays at different resorts in Las Vegas through LHC? Going for 4 days in Feb/March my plan right now is.

Night 1- Bellagio - Through LHC
Night 2- Unknown as of now, looking to book something
Night 3- Palazzo- Through Annual free night with IHG
Night 4- Delano - Through LHC

I believe I've heard that they discourage you from "gaming" the system & booking separate stays for back to back nights or something along those lines. I'd like to book my night 2 at Aria through LHC to get the credits. Does anyone see potential issues with this? Or should I be looking to book through a different source for that 2nd night?

Thanks!
Allowable? Yes. Practical? Not in my opinion. Your current itinerary has you starting in the middle of the strip, then carrying your bag somewhere TBD, then carry it to the south of the strip, and then carrying it to the north of the strip. Do you really want to go through this every afternoon? All for some watered-down perks? If you plan to cab/uber between hotels, that cost will cut into your margins.

If you're lucky, you'll score some extra $100 dining credits, which would be good for about two entrees and 3-4 drinks in a hotel restaurant. Nothing to scoff your nose at, but let's be honest, it's worth about $50 in the real world (or restaurants on the strip that aren't part of a hotel). And that's best case scenario - chances are that the credits will be less lucrative.

If this is your first time to Vegas, don't be deceived by how close things look on a map. Walking up and down the strip can be strenuous, frustrating and time consuming (especially with luggage). Also, Vegas is more fun when you aren't on a schedule; I recommend setting up a home base and day-drinking.