FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:04 am
FlyPointyEnd

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Why? Because:

a) Blogs have been "advertising" the low redemption rates for CX F using AS miles for years now
b) The mileage rate to redeem transpacific CX F is much lower in AS than using AM, whilst availability for redemption using AS miles appears to be pretty good, and
c) Award seats in premium cabins are arguably filled by a disproportionately high number of frequent flyers who read blogs and especially forums like FT, where they get wise to the fact that redeeming using AS miles is much cheaper. Why do I say that? Because the more often you fly, the more likely you are to become i) interested in and ii) familiar with your own and perhaps even other airlines' FFP.

I guess one other reason why there is a lot of "hostility" towards people who use AS miles to redeem CX F is that Cathay Pacific has made it possible for AS members to redeem at such low rates in the first place.
While not particularly hostile towards GrASpers and GrAAbers, these are my common talkpoints with Cathay Pacific and Asiamiles folks when they ask for feedback....lol