FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed: Holland America cruise compensation for noisy cabin
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:23 pm
freecia

Originally Posted by bicker
All the major mass market cruise lines are comparable to each other - none significantly better or worse than any other. They will vary with regard to individual aspects, but in the overall they'll have roughly the same amount of positives and negatives as each other. I typically recommend that people not do as the OP says he plans to - do not switch providers because of a bad experience that is, in reality, the same experience that you are as likely as not to have had on some other cruise line. Rather, learn from the experience - learn what is reasonable to expect, yes, but more importantly learn the ropes of customer service of that one cruise line. Even though you do not get satisfaction for your initial grievance, you've now got names and numbers and a story to tell the next time something doesn't go as you wish. You also have points toward elite status that might make a difference the next time.
Unless you have issues with letting things go and it brings a sour taste to your mouth to give them more of your business. That's a lot of free bitters without an alcohol package There are other mass markets which don't have that mental association for the op and lessons learned about ship and cabin choice research which can be applied to other mass markets, too.

I find NCL's change management to need a lot of improvement based on a sailing after dry dock where they delayed the boarding date but weren't able to refund passengers consistently with the promised refund before I got off 6 days later or even a month after arriving home. I was in a balcony. A high loyalty status Haven passenger was also given the run-around. NCL post-cruise/pre-cruise might have been overwhelmed or they might have intentionally requested a lot of follow up purposely hoping customers won't follow through for a partial refund & hotel reimbursement (as they proposed and promised). I haven't said never again but would only try again with a simpler oft-repeated itineraries in better weather or with a lot more patience, time, and persistence to follow up.

At least they didn't send you a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and hope that would take care of it? Yes, some mass markets would leave it at that.