FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1 year of elite status extension benefit for new parents.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:56 pm
o mikros

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
I agree with the above sentiment re there should not be a difference between mother and father.

I am trying to work out how this scheme works in practice. For example
- Child born in July 2018
- Gold Status was renewed in November 2018 and in place until November 2019

If the above person was to submit (and be approved) by A3 what would happen to renewal dates etc? Would A3 add 12 months from November 2019 to renew - making it November 2020? Or is it more complex than that...
Our situation is similar, and not hypothetical.

My wife has gold status that was renewed for the Nov 2018-2019 year, thanks to some travel in August/September. Due to the same travel, I have silver and am halfway to gold.

We had a child in October, and were wondering if we were going to be able to retain A3 status this year as a result. This news is welcome, but I really don't understand the practical execution. Is the tier status frozen for one year from date of application? Is it frozen until the child's first birthday? Does the status renewal period reset on the date of the birthday? What about progress towards a higher tier -- does that still expire at the 12-month mark?

In summary, a very nice benefit, but far more questions than answers.