FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (2019 master thread)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:40 pm
econometrics

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
So, a couple of questions... both of which assume that your seats now reflect your upgrade
  1. Have they already taken your miles and charged your credit card?
  2. Did the date marked ticketed change on your on-line reservation?
As noted somewhere up above, a couple of weeks ago I got an upgrade from PE to J, for a March flight. Like you, I wasn't notified; I noticed on-line (computer, not on App) that seats had gone missing in PE. Called in. Confirmed mileage account and credit card. Now shows on-line as us sitting in J. But no miles have left the account and nothing, not even pending, has hit the credit card. I'm wondering if this is normal; and if it is not normal, then what? TIA.
I called in to add an infant to the record, and they didn't mention anything about confirming my card to charge the copay and deduct the miles.

I did have a miles+copay clear within T24 LHR-DFW back in October, and those miles and the $350 were never charged to me for that one. But that could have been an LHR station error.

When I log into my account, in the reservation it still shows the upgrades as "Requested" and not "Confirmed", as it usually does when you clear. So I'm not sure what's up with AA's system on this right now. My card hasn't been hit, nor my miles deducted as of yet... 5 days later.