FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low Value Customer
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:19 pm
Wimsta

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Originally Posted by Renes Points
OK you don't like folks from REV MGT quotes. How about the CEO from back in Q3: https://seekingalpha.com/article/421...pt?part=single

Yes. That's what we're excited about in the future is the ability to control your travel and upgrade however you want to with whatever currency you want to use. So you want to – if your company buys you a coach ticket and you want to sit in the Premium Select cabin, we'll have an offer for you that would be 17,000 miles for you or it’s a $170 in cash. So those kinds of offers are really where we're trying to go with all of that in making it simpler to buy or easier to buy and allowing you to buy it however you'd like to pay for it. - Edward Bastian

That is now live on Delta.com. Yes we know it is not yet "Skypennies" i.e. 1 SkyMiles = 1 Cent but we are almost there now. The point is the company people all feel it makes no difference SkyMiles or Cash!
It is not so much a matter of what I like or don't, you literally posted the proof that said "we are not there yet" then chose to ignore the parts where people have posted that "they are not there yet."

I'm just fine with whatever quotes you post, you seem to be the one that has an issue with the stuff you are posting... or is it a language issue? Did you misunderstand "we are not there yet?"

You've argued a point that you've disproven in your own posts, and acted flabbergasted with having this pointed out.

My own take is that despite this claim, and I do believe it could very well be a goal, there are clearly some uses that exceed the 1 cent valuation. The sum total is really a question of how much is AMEX spend worth to them, which has really been left out of your analysis. The OP is about the value of a customer, not the value of a skymile, so I truly fail to see how your argument relates, whether or not they ever get to their stated goal--that has not been met yet.