FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:18 pm
HarryHolden68

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
In 2017, I took advantage of the CAI- HNL sale fare in F for just over £3k. With the positioning flight to CA I in J, this gave me 1680 TP. Total cost with hotels in CAI (twice), HNL and LAX was in the region of £4,600. Hardly a TP mega achievement trip at £2.73 per point, but being relatively time poor and cash rich and wanting to achieve gold within 1 trip in my 7 week window at the end of my collection year, it worked for me.

In 2019, I would like to repeat a similar trip where points per pound is less important than efficiency. I have a week in October (Wed - Wed) to obtain gold in 1 trip again. I have the following questions that I cannot find the answer in the thread to date:

1. Why is September / October blacked out of almost all sale fares, where November is included? Is something happening in the world other than the Rugby World cup. I seem to remember booking the 2017 trip in May, so will these months open up later in the year?
2. Is there a way of finding out and searching fare codes to ensure that the parameters I enter into ITA are cost efficient? At the moment, I am searching daily for CAI - HNL in F and it is coming up just over £5k on the cheapest day. Not a disaster, but not the £3k it was in 2017. Add positioning flights in J and hotels would add another £1k minimum.

Apologies if these answers are out there and I am being blind.
Thanks for everyone who makes this thread what it is.
Harry