FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question two, RE: policing overhead bin storage.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:42 pm
brobin

Originally Posted by nittfan
Yes, you are probably all correct - as I mentioned, it would just give the flight attendant's more to monitor.

BearX220, you are correct too - maybe "sell" your unused bag spot, as trooper kidded! I have never understood how people board without at least a small bag, and I have rarely seen this. If they are checking all their baggage, they are taking a big chance, IMO. I have had handles torn off, wheels broken, big grease stains on bags, and delayed baggage. In addition, where are these (baggage-free) people keeping their medications, laptop, or other expensive or important possessions? Are these people just flying to a one day meeting? I don't get it ......!?
I sometimes travel with nothing more than a tablet in my hand, phone in one pocket, NC earbuds in another and wallet in another. I frequently travel between two homes, both equipped with clothing, meds, and anything else I might need even for extended stays. I've also flown to many one-day meetings or doctor appointments the same way. Most of my trips, even vacations, don't require "medications, laptops, or other expensive and important possessions." On longer trips I might have a briefcase or carry-on or I may even check a bag which still leaves me bagless in the cabin. Now you get it. Happy to help!