FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:35 am
nsummy

Originally Posted by yeunganson
Yes. This is one of of the manuals needed to operate Group Posting Tools. This one tells how technically use the Group Posting Tool for a meeting. There is at least a few more of these manuals that deal with the administration side and when and limitations of this program.

As you read through the manual, you can see it is indeed a complex kind of method. Page 10 also includes an "approval officer". For a franchisee hotel, there is a separate instructions on what senior manager/controls (Finance/Account Department) should look for when the junior officer submits a request using Group Posting Tool. Now that a flyertalker posted an internal manual on Flyertalk, I can say this manual really showsit's more complex than a front desk person doing some clicks on a program and you get 10 nights and why some hotels need 10-15 days to process.

Yes I also found the approval manual if anyone is interested. The form itself seems pretty simple. Though while not a front desk person doing a few clicks, I think that is because this information apparently has to be entered in manually, whereas someone at the front desk probably has this already pre-populated. To me though what this shows is that there are multiple points of failure. Assuming the person did enter everyone correctly, someone else might not ever approve it.

I tried doing 2 different events on 2 different days at the end of December, hoping to credit each number of mine then merge them. The hotel ....ed it all up, and I just found out that even though I signed 2 separate contracts, they put it in as one quote so I can only use one number