FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earn avios from BoB?
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:26 am
1Aturnleft

Originally Posted by kosy91
If BA start shelling avios on BoB...how will they make money? I'm guessing the margins on BoB are very low...which takes us back to the main question - has BoB been a commercial success ?
As Tourvest are the provider for which BA contracts to provide BoB, I thought it a fair question to pose.
I know crew earn a small commission from the items sold so there has to be a mark up to allow this. The fact items are marked up above and beyond what they cost equivalently on the ground (for the convenience factor) is expected and anticipated. Therefor is incorporating the net price of a cost of an avios point per pound spend really going to increase the sell cost significantly to warrant the item too expensive to purchase? If I'm hungry or thirsty and choose to buy a sandwich (£4ish), a cup of tea (£2.50), a G&T (£6) (all current sell prices) on board it's going to be out of necessity rather than a whimsical aspirational purchase just because I fancy one. I don't think it would affect the sell price much anyway.

BA Amex of course, but always looking to double dip wherever possible (as is the case with Highlife Shop) 😊