FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyTeam Elite+ - AF no longer opening up seat maps?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:12 am
Tonin

Programs: FB Plat 4 life
Originally Posted by catsniper75

Any way to get this seating restrictions waived by calling AF hotline for Any STE+?
Probably... but I don't want to beg, yet another reason for me to move away when possible. With my flying pattern, award miles very limited compared to the cost for getting a free ticket, no seat in front anymore (cost 10€ on EZY), lounge overcrowded (I prefer to pay a good beer in a pub than being squeezed to get a tepid heiXXken), priority boarding is totally useless as we are all Elite+ nowadays, sky priority for security is already included when taking business. Their strategy is clearly to focus on very high contributors so no contradiction here, I'm just not part of them, despite 25k-30k€ spent on average per year, since almost 20 years... Most important perks for me are the one related to a smooth experience in the airport: fast track, getting out of the aircraft quickly, passport check. In that way the Ultimate vision is really aligned (on the paper) but too high for me to even think about it.