FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Capital One Venture & other Cap 1 cards (50K for $3k spend)[Consolidated]
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:58 pm
baroqen

Originally Posted by GiltGrouch
I think you just figured it out. Cap One's problem with me isn't that I pay off balances, it's that I have more credit cards with zero usage than non-zero usage. Hmmm... Next time I'll get some charges on all cards for a few months before applying for a Cap One card.
Mia is a super mega-guru of FT. I was going to suggest the same thing, but I hadn't come back to this thread in some time and she beat me to it (not the first time). I pay off all my balances every month and was auto-approved for the Venture. Seems Cap One has put rules in place to reduce their potential exposure to churners, not to reduce their exposure to those with responsible credit.I do have a number of cards, but I'd say I'm probably at around 10? Definitely nowhere near what others have. I also happen to have an auto-payment of various minor recurring bills on about half of them more by chance than design (either because of bonus points or else just too lazy to change them). All my cards are autopaid in full every month.