FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: General discussion and PUBLIC online offers (2019-2020)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:13 pm
darthbimmer

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Last week I applied for a Citi AA card. The app went pending. "We'll be in touch soon." Today I got a phone call from a person who identified himself as a CitiBank employee and right off the bat asked me to state my birth date. Mindful that this call could be a request for more information about my app-- or could be phishing (fraud)-- I stated that I'd need more detail regarding the purpose of the call before answering. The rep refused to state anything beyond "Recent inquiry on your account" until I divulged PII. I told him I feared this call was fraud and hung up.
Update: I called Citi today. An agent confirmed that one of her colleagues spoke to me last night and I "refused to verify". She also confirmed that last night's agent was limited by company policy to tell me nothing further than "regarding a recent inquiry on your account" until I provided DOB and SSN. Yeah, no. Not when you call me. So I'll call in, proactively, next time an app goes pending rather than wait it out.