FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Water Issues at a Hotel (General Discussion)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:32 pm
mindrisa

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
And what was the outcome?

This is where both Starwood and Hilton where leaps and bounds ahead of Marriott, IMHO. If there was an issue a stay that warranted follow-up they would of course allow the property to response within 3 to 5 days (too long I think, but whatever) and then....if the property does not reply at all or dismisses the concern and closes the file, common sense would prevail. Most properties will try to address an issue like to water, no heat or no AC as its unacceptable for a global chain, especially so for their frequent guests.

Marriott simply does nothing or passes the buck back and forth.

Needless to say, voting with my wallet in 2019.
I guess I do have one more update. Over the weekend the GM did attempt to call and email me. We were unable to connect but I spoke to her earlier today and she was very apologetic and forthcoming and did admit the front desk should be trained better in these situations. I did find out that this was an issue throughout the hotel that has since been fixed and should not happen again (numerous people complained the same day I did). She also apologized about the amount of time it took to reply and stated she would have points deposited into my account due to the issue. She also commented on the video and agreed it was not acceptable. All in all, I am happy with the response, but just not the amount of time it took to get a response. She completely agreed.