FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:10 am
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by walterj
I applied in November, and received the 7-10 day screen. I waited and after ten days nothing, so I called. They told they had just mailed me a letter that same day and I would have to wait. Six days later I got the letter with the four digit code. I called and was approved, 16 days after the application. I just applied again this month using an expired in november offer 60K for 3k spend, I got the 7-10 day screen, I waited two days and called. They told me I would have to wait for an email, phone call or letter. Five days later I received the letter with the 4 digit code. I called and was approved, seven days after the application.
I've had a Citi AA card for over 20 years. DW has had one for almost 10 years. During that time we've both had dozens of Citi cards of various types, most now closed, but several still open.

A couple of weeks ago we applied with mailers. Both apps stayed "pending" for 8 to 10 days. Finally we got frustrated and called. All the CSR wanted was to send a code to our phone. Not sure how that "verifies" anything, but after that we were instantly approved. Shortly after that we each got a letter, probably sent before we called, that said Citi couldn't approve our apps because they couldn't verify our ids.

After 8/20 years, and approving our previous apps 33 days earlier, now they can't verify our ids? But a code sent to a cell phone somehow does verify it?