FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Lost A Customer For Life (AA didn’t renew my CK)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:11 am
hotintx

Originally Posted by userX
So, you take OP's point: A CK qualifier for 10 years running should - would, you believe - get a little consideration here.

I don't know, but certainly reasonable for OP to ask, and to feel some measure of disappointment at negative response. After all, the whole point of loyalty programs is to reward loyal customers. Anybody who qualifies as CK 10 years running, as OP claims, is a seriously loyal customer. It seems exceptionally shortsighted, not to say "straight up stupid," for the company to risk that relationship for a year of CK status.

Interesting to see you say here, "Yeah, they wouldn't actually." especially as so many people throwing shade on OP for whining..
I'm not saying whether he definitely would or wouldn't have been renewed. I am saying there would have been more correspondence leading up to a supposed 10 year CK having a significant decrease in travel. Do you not think anyone at AA is looking at the numbers throughout the year, and might ask a "why?" Everyone that is downgraded from CK is going to whine. That is the nature of it. You are taking away something from someone that more than likely still flew an unbelievable amount. Oftentimes more than what was flown the year prior in which they earned CK. In the end it is a numbers game. While X member might have done $xxxx, member Y did more $$$$. Mbr Y gets it the majority of the time. CK is not to reward loyal customers. It is to reward high value customers. If you have been EP for 20 years in a row, that is fantastic, but the guy next to you that has "spent" $75k and has a high profitability in his first year of flying has a significantly better chance at CK.