FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Card (UK)
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:04 am
YClass

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by ringmeister01
Personal card sir. The last 2 years have been high spending from getting engaged, having a destination wedding, moving and buying furniture... all put on the Platnium. When I have called to ask for an invite the representative always says "well you meet the spending requirements.."

I just want the bragging rights of the card. Im lame like that.
While I have no idea how it actually works, it does look like overall spend should be in the right ball-park, but not sure what goes into "Merchandise & Supplies". That said, even if you take out the two lumpy purchases you mention you have $600k+ spend. They do like to see a sustained level of spending (not one-off) and continued use of CTS (FHR), concierge etc. (i.e. high level travel, entertainment/dining and luxury purchases). My guess would be that if you continue like this you will get offered one fairly soon.

Still amazes me that in the US you can buy a G-Wagon on an Amex. Wish could do that in the UK (without having to pay $10k for the privilege). Also at $1m+ spend at Cartier you must be one of their more important clients and get attention much greater than Amex will ever give you! Your other half (or you) must have some spectacular pieces.....