FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Maldives [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:18 pm
ahbitheman

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Just checked out.

I sometimes brought a bottle from the gym when dining out. No one cared. Usually ordered wine anyway (which is one of the few items fairly priced).

As I recall, a lot of the special nights are $185 USD. They had this lobster set menu at fish for $185. In room BBQ (where they bring you items to bbq) was also $180ish for land or sea items.

Ice cream and popsicles are provided free at set times by the pool (1pm for popsicles and 4pm for magnum chocolate ice cream bars - both fantastic btw).

The stations closer to the room have apples, yummy granola bars and some replenishing ion drink (also quite good). Also free 30 SPF sunscreen by the pool and beach.

Never used the minibar even for the free soft drinks but imagine they would restock daily.

Kayak and paddleboards are free. Only special items like the clear bottom canoe are chargeable. Make sure you get your free snorkeling gear right away. We went out as soon as we landed and checked in.

My small tip. Make sure you ask for and take a picture of their weekly schedule. The lady showed it to us at the airplane lounge but said we'd have a more up to date one in our room. When I didn't see it I whatsapped for it but never got it until the final check out night. They seem to make up the schedule last minute so it was tough figuring out what was going on in the next few days without it.

The fact they use whatsapp so well is great though. My mobile spg key also worked by the 2nd/3rd night

Also tip, if you get an OWV, try to get a lagoon one not too far down the dock. The dock to all the OWV is super long. The multiple bedroom suites are all at the very end. Couldn't imagine having to walk that just to grab something from the room. They do offer to drive you but still. If you want complete privacy the beach villas seem great. We personally had an OWV closer to the island which we loved as we were able to interact with other guests quite easily.
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
To those posting while you're on vacation--thank you!

Thanks for this info! I assume that if I want to bring my own water in W bottles, I can, if they aren't willing to provide tap water. I cannot imagine them forcing you to buy bottled water....(?)

Thanks for the info regarding the price of the beach bbq. I'd be curious as to the prices of the other themed nights, if you happen to remember them as they occur throughout your stay.

Separately, I had read about them ditching the ice cream and snacks (other than apples) at the snack stations, which is annoying. If you are able to glean any more info about what they pass out at the pool when, that'd be awesome!

Any idea whether they will replenish mini bar with drinks whenever/as needed?

Has either of you tried to get a canoe from the activities desk? I have seen conflicting information as to whether there is a charge for these.

Thanks again!