FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:21 pm
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
New to the upgrade game here so be gentle, please! ....I have amassed a surfeit of Business Extra points over the last 18 months and with business class fares at almost $3000 per person I'm looking at burning a few on some BXP1s on a JFK-LAX-JFK trip next month for the wife and I.

Am on the 5.15pm JFK-LAX on a Friday, not holding a huge amount of hope on that one, but coming back on a Tuesday LAX-JFK at 3.00pm I am a little more hopeful for something coming through.

I haven't really used Expertflyer much but see there are award alerts and it'll email me if C space opens up. Does anyone know how often the EF sweep is? I have set the alert for one seat, if that opens up can I call and split the PNR and upgrade one person? I assume I'd need to call in to reservations first and then call Meeting Services?

I read somewhere that C space doesn't really open up until 24hrs beforehand on the premium transcons. Does that sound somewhat accurate?

Any other pointers on recent Y-J with BXP1s on the premium transcons? Was hoping to use them on J-F but the fares are more than double what I paid the last few times I flew this route

Thanks!