FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I use my HH account to book for spouse?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:03 pm
B3nder

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Any other Hilton scams/lies you'd like to offer up?
While I wouldn't suggest any lie like was suggested there.... I have booked a couple times for family members before the point transferring was easier like now (which I haven't tried, but have seen noted in the forum here).

In each case, I have called the hotel and asked how to properly book for my relative, and specified that I was NOT going to be there, but either wanted to gift them the stay ($$$ through credit card attached to the account) or to gift them a stay paid partly/all with points. In each case, they have said to just book it from my account and list the person(s) as additional guests. And in each case they have also told me their hotel's policy is they will provide the breakfast benefit, too, since it was booked from the account with status. Never have they suggested or mentioned to first transfer points, issue a rewards certificate in another person's name, etc.

Official policy is as has been pointed out -- No points, no benefits, no stay if the member is not there. And a hotel could of course have a policy that the member must stop by the front desk before receiving breakfast vouchers. It is certainly valid to expect that official policy is what applies.

Now, if there's app check-in, no one ever needs to go by the front desk at all. But they could presumably have vouchers (rather than just a list in the restaurant) for breakfast and leave a note in the room(s) saying the member has to go by the front desk for physical vouchers.