FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (pre 2/1/2022)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:42 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Lrtalk
Something is strange. Two weeks ago, I cleared a RUC after it said "waitlisted" for a couple of weeks prior to clearing. Now using another RUC, and there is no "waitlist" indicia nor is there a duplicate seat map. Diamond line swears up and down that it is correctly applied. Skeptical.
Originally Posted by Lrtalk
There are clearly coding issues still in play with RUC's. I applied one for a trip from STL to SJU in mid January. It was waitlisted. The typical "Upgrade Status: Upgrade Waitlisted" wasn't showing up on either leg initially. I called twice, and both times they said it was showing up as waitlisted for both legs. Fast forward several days when I checked again. The STL to ATL leg is now showing waitlisted while the ATL to SJU leg continues to show nothing. Call DM line again. Nice lady says the coding on the ATL to SJU flight is coded as some sort of "emergency change" coding rather than what she normally sees for RUC's. She said it was not coded correctly. She puts me on hold for quite a while to work on it. She comes back saying that it's now coded correctly, but logging out and back in still shows no message about waitlist.

The takeaway is that even on this most recent call there is the prospect of incorrect coding as she said was the case. I'll be calling again shortly.
Have you taken these flights yet? What ended up happening with the UG list/upgrades?

I just applied an RUC to an ATL-SFO flight next month and two agents swore it's waitlisted correctly, but I see neither an "Upgrade Waitlisted" nor a double seatmap as I have in the past. Though it's been a few months since the last time I used a cert.