FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How often do you complain about the Wifi?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:39 pm
prometa

Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
I have the yearly domestic subscription & I don't complain nearly as much as I should. Last year I received about $500 in ETC's for all my complaints and about 15,000 in miles. So the "cost" of the subscription plus some was returned to me. I definitely don't want to sound like a whiner due to the excessive complaints, but the subscription is not cheap and I want to work when I am on the plane each week.

My general rule is that the flight needs to be 2+ hours and the wifi needs to be inop for the entire flight. If it comes on for 30 minutes, then it "worked". Even using that strategy, there have been a few times I just didn't mess with sending in a complaint. I know I am leaving ETC's on the table

I honestly don't see how UA will ever make money off of me on WIFI if they keep sending me $75-200 ETC's everytime the wifi is down on an entire flight.
120 segments last year, so plenty of opportunities for it not to work.
Others have reported that after a certain number of complaints, the ETCs will stop. I stopped filing customer care complaints some time ago but will request a refund if it doesn’t work greater than 50% of the flight. They always refund (without any confirmation).

I’ve noticed that since the 25% explorer card discount came into effect WiFi prices are 25% higher. But, WiFi has also been somewhat faster since, so perhaps UA pricing was too low relative to demand.