FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Complimentary Upgrades Work
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:45 pm
nearlysober

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I had an odd upgrade experience yesterday. I was flying with a friend and booked us together on the same PNR. It showed us both as wait listed for first class on our apps, but when we checked in I only saw my name listed on the UPG list and not my friend. I was 2nd on the list so we thought if I cleared, but he didn't, we'd try to talk to someone at the gate. However, 1st class filled up quickly with either last minute buys or SDCs and it looked like I wouldn't even clear at 2nd on the list.

Odd behavior I noticed in the app:
- About 4 hours before the flight, I tried to move us to better seats in PE - but whenever I tried to move myself it'd give an error that "The seat is no longer available".
- When we went to board, I still showed in 7D but my boarding group had gone blank, my friends still showed the proper boarding group

Based on that, I figured I might have been upgrade but it just wasn't reflected. As I walked down the jet-way I ran into a GA going up who got the radio call to upgrade me. So while I didn't make it all the way to my seat, I guess it counts as a battlefield upgrade.