FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the proper compensation for this type of entertainment system failure?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:27 am
RSSrsvp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
What is the proper compensation for this type of entertainment system failure?

I had a flight SJU-FLL on Jan.2 and the entertainment system for the entire plane was out for the whole flight. I emailed B6 and their reply said "We issue a $15 travel credit to each of our customers in accordance with our Bill of Rights and as a gesture of our apology."
I double checked their Bill of Rights and it states, "If their system is inoperable on flights in the continental U.S, customers are entitled to a $15 Credit good for future travel on JetBlue."

This flight originated in SJU which is not part of the continental U.S. and when I pointed this out to their customer service department they answered, "Flights to and/or from destinations outside the contiguous U.S. operate beyond the DIRECTV and SiriusXM Radio coverage areas and as a result, these services are not always available. Free movies are offered on these routes, time permitting. Although our Bill of Rights does not provide for compensation of inoperable entertainment on these flights, we're pleased to see you were issued a $15 service credit for this inconvenience."

It sounds to me like they are ignoring the issue as I couldn't even view a free movie as their system was not functioning. Has anyone ever received more than $15 for a issue like this where the flight originated outside the continental US?