FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - so tired of having to prove stays. Time for Marriott to figure it out
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:28 pm
ftrichard

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ethernal
To me the question is how do points and stays not post? This is clearly a major, major IT issue that is systematic and impacting Marriott's guests in a noticeable way. How is this not getting fixed faster?
The question is key but I don't think the answer is necessarily that it's all down to bad IT. Obviously we don't have visibility of the systems that hotels use or the processes they have in place to post stays and points but I get a greater feeling that the root cause of many missed stays or incorrect points lies with the hotel itself rather than the IT mangling a correct post.

For example, I have two examples of missing stays (ok, one stay and one F&B) that didn't post and a quick email directly to the hotels in question resulted in the stay/points posting within 24 hours. I had two examples of incorrect points posting (both missing the 1000 Welcome Bonus points). Two emails later and one was fixed immediately by the hotel while the other took escalation to the FT Lurkers - it was before LeM hotels moved to the Marriott system and once posted (incorrectly) the hotel couldn't retrieve the post and fix it at the time.

For me, the IT problems are about incorrect application of programme rules (such as the current 50/75 night choice outage) rather than endemic to the posting of points which I suspect is down to errors at individual hotels. But I could be wrong. The hotels could be posting everything on the day of check out entirely correctly and the posts are being delayed and mangled by Marriott's technology.