FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice: Change in miles needed for reservation on hold
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:21 pm
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Repricing / pricing change for held award ticket

I had an award ticket held in F for AAA-BBB-CCC-DDD (searched AAA-DDD, but it forced 9 hours in hub BBB and also a layover in hub CCC). Pricing showed as 25k miles + $11.20 for a Business/First MilesAAver award. My email confirmation showed the same.

I went to buy the ticket tonight (logged into my account, selected "all trips") and picked the held reservation. It showed 50k miles + $11.20. I logged out and in a few times, but every time, it showed the higher mileage cost. Just before calling, I figured "let me try to pay for it and see what it does." On the payment page, the price reverted to the 25k + $11.20. The confirmation page now shows 50k + $11.20. Waiting for the email and I'll call tomorrow if it shows 50k.

Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

[Update: Got the ticketed email and in my account they deducted 25k. Not sure where all the 50k came from]

Email from AA showing it was held

Upon pulling the itinerary up in my reservations

On the payment page

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Jan 13, 2019 at 8:40 pm Reason: Provide update after ticketing