FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - so tired of having to prove stays. Time for Marriott to figure it out
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:54 pm
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
I know this thread will be merged into the other soon, but this really is becoming an escalating failure on Marriott's part and deserves a true non-stickied rant thread. This just falls into things I should never have to worry about, and yet I do. I stayed at Marriott hotels 177 nights last year. I don't have time to chase down every issue with my folio.

Between missing stays (6 in the past two months), materially incorrect point posting (received 3000 points instead of 11000 I was supposed to), and the usual shenanigans around green choice points and welcome gifts not posting right (made difficult to detect due to Marriott bundling the points into "Other"), I am close to giving up.

The missing stays usually take a week to get fixed. The incorrect points have been sitting with the research team for 3 weeks. I spent enough with Marriott to qualify for Ambassador twice last year and I can't even get a minor issue like this (that is clearly Marriott's issue) resolved in less than three weeks. Absolute insanity.

To me the question is how do points and stays not post? This is clearly a major, major IT issue that is systematic and impacting Marriott's guests in a noticeable way. How is this not getting fixed faster?