FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ithaca Marriott Downtown On the Commons, NY [Master Thread]
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:45 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Ithaca Marriott Downtown On the Commons, NY [Master Thread]

Stay Report - 1/11 - 1/12

Location: As the name suggests the hotel is located in Downtown Ithaca right next to The Commons, a pedestrian mall. Nearby are over a dozen restaurants which are within a few blocks (I suggest the Mahogany Bar and Grill) as well as a lot of shops. You can theoretically walk to Cornell pretty easily as it's about a mile to a mile and a half away but you'll be walking up steep hills and it can be very cold. ITH itself is about 15 minutes away.

Hotel: The hotel is two years old and looks great. It's a new construction building with a large comfortably lobby which also has a bar and restaurant, small sundry store and 24 hour gym. The hotel has valet parking or you can self park nearby at a garage. There is no Executive Lounge sadly.

Check In: We were able to get into our two rooms at 2 PM which is nice. The agent was very friendly and helped us get our car parked despite the valet being off somewhere. As a Platinum I was offered 1,000 points or a $10 food and beverage credit plus breakfast for two.

Room: We were given adjoining rooms one of which was the larger corner room. It had a settee next to the bed, a small desk, a large SmarTV. The bathroom was pretty small but had a really good shower. Soundproofing was good and the bed was comfortable with outlets next to it.

Restaurant: We went to the bar at night and received excellent service. They also have an extensive wine and cocktail list. Breakfast was excellent. All three of us ordered entrees, sides, coffee and juice and after the coupon and $10 credit we were $6 out of pocket.

This is a really nice hotel, a surprising find in fact and I'd gladly be back.