FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:41 pm
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Concerto
I had a good look at this and the hotel is a bit further away, physically, than I thought. With a flight at 08h25 the following morning I think I am going to end up booking a room at the more expensive Hampton by Hilton at FCO airport. By the time you factor in the train fare (€8 per direction, according to Trenitalia) that makes it an extra €32 for 2 persons to stay at this Holiday Inn, which is available for €66 on the night in question (which makes it €98 with the train fare). I would go for it if the flight to BRU left a bit later than 08h25 and if I intended to pursue the current IHG Accelerate equivalent promotion.

Having had a fish through the other hotel options, they all have payable shuttles, varying from €6 to €8 per person per direction, so onsite Hampton by Hilton it is.
The HIs shuttle is free from the airport to the hotel, payable the other way, but only runs quite infrequently. The train is, unfortunately, quite expensive.
Getting to the airport in the morning is not an issue, however I would also not prefer the HI if not for the promotion (I also stayed there on a mattress run for Accelerate)