FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - so tired of having to prove stays. Time for Marriott to figure it out
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:08 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Yes, it is expected if someone is tracking your activity they should be doing it right. However, once proven incapable (as Marriott has), we have to decide what's important to us. I treat my program membership has a valuable asset (although I own nothing) and I do my own tracking knowing it will be much more reliable than what the program provides. I've also added the ability to forecast expected activity so I can see where I stand in maintaining and obtaining status. It does make it easier to chase missing posts and having specific dates helps, it all seems to blur together after a week or two.

SPG did seem to be better at looking internally to confirm stays whereas, MPG has continued the Marriott approach of making us provide the documentation, probably hoping we'll just go away (CSR approach). Many properties try to say there is no folio when the balance is zero. My response is to insist upon a folio given the high failure rate of the stays to actually post and the need for a folio to get them to follow up.