FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Charles Munich, Schloss Monchstein & Schloss Elmau mini review
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:08 pm
scented

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I finally gave up on the MO in Munich and the Charles became my regular (although I am not in Munich that often). I just got tired of the "we are snottier than you" attitude at the MO and their unwillingness to grant the slight exception to anything they deemed to be a rule, even if it wasn't actually a rule. The folks at the Charles always are accommodating and often guarantee clients of Virtuoso agents an upgrade at time of booking if the hotel is not too full.
Finally someone tells it like it is... this has to be one of the worst MOs in this regard, as all other properties I know are quite a bit more humble. I haven't been back yet, so cannot really say if it got better but I guess only Amanda would be able to change the culture there. I wonder if she will, London is a lot of work with renovations after fire and Prague is also a work in progress.

Also not surprised about Schloss Elmau. Incidentally, The Fontenay in Hamburg hired a few people from Schloss Elmau and they are usually the ones standing out (for doing nothing).