FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AT&T International Caribbean Add-on - settings help?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:23 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
AT&T International Caribbean Add-on - settings help?

Hello all,

I'm currently with AT&T Prepaid in the States (I have no choice as T-Mobile and Sprint do not work in my building and area). When traveling overseas for long periods of time I switch to Google Fi. However, I have a 7 day trip coming up in the Caribbean and since it's so short I'd prefer not to switch to Fi for just a week. I notice AT&T offers a $15 add-on plan where I can get cheaper calling rates ($.25 per min to mobile and landlines). But I assume that plan has no data. So if I choose it - do I keep data roaming off? So then I'll have no data - but can make and receive calls at $.25 per minute to my same #? I can just check data when at the house over wifi. I realize I can go the local SIM route - but then I'll lose my number and prefer to keep it while abroad. I suppose I could set up a forward once there if it's not too hard.

Any thoughts?