FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:28 am
MacMyDay

Originally Posted by jonjparr

Yikes - the Lanesborough didn’t make the cut! Must be something to do with the toiletries... 😂
The toiletries goes without saying. Yet it's the inconsistency. We stayed over Christmas with the in-laws and there are far too many mistakes. They always end up comping things, yet I'd much rather they just got it right in the first place. I'd guess I stayed about 15 nights last year, and only a few stand out. Every hotel is a compromise somewhere along the lines, and The Lanesborough suffers with the food and service, but makes up for it with the rooms, location and spa (and toiletries). I also love their bar (but prefer The Connaught's).

The perfect hotel would be all the staff at The Beaumont moved to a refurbished Connaught. The Peninsula and another Rosewood are coming over the next few years, so maybe we'll all get lucky. The Connaught has installed proper AC with actual temperature controls in 30/130 of their rooms, with the rest being finished this year. If they can next fix the lighting controls, and a bit of paint here and there, it'll be much improved.